ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:08:18 -0600
I'd like to tell you about a time in my life when I was in a valley.  I was
living in a group home in Caldwell, called Blaine Place.  I lived there
through several house managers who came and went.  One of them, I'll call
her Linda, was one of my favorites.  She'd take us places, those of us who
wanted to go, and she liked to goof off and tease.  Eventually she was fired
because she did not do business properly, did not keep the house clean,
sometimes lied, etc.  It seems that so many times the people I enjoy being
with the most somehow become unavailable in a short time.

this put me in a valley, but God was there with me.  One night, while
scanning a tape on which I'd recorded miscellaneous things, I came across
part of a program that I didn't know was there.  It was Carol Arnot, wife of
John Arnot, pastor of the church known for where the "Toronto Blessing"
started.  She was relating how, in a vision, she and the lord were playing
with lillies of the valley.  He pointed out to her that these lillies grow
in the valley, not on the mountaintop.  So, whenever she goes through a hard
time, in the valley, He'll always have His lillies there for her.  I'm sure
this message is for all of us His children.  My prayer is, "Lord, I'm sad
and borred today.  please help me see the lillies you have for me now."

Sharon