ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:09:07 -0600
Kathy,

The answer is a lot more simple than I can explain it.  As you likely
noticed, it took me two years before I even believed it.  The bottom line,
on the other hand, is to accept the simplicity of the statement, which is,
You are the perfect will of God.  The Lord has revealed a great deal more
about this statement to me over the years.  My life, growing up, and even
over all the years of ministry, traveling and preaching revival meetings,
serving as an assistant pastor a few times and as the head pastor twice,
were basically things I did for God.  That's how I was taught.  I never
realized the Christian life was how much God did for me so I did everything
for Him.  Learning I was His perfect will, began to change my thinking and
that is, I don't have to do anything to be right with God.  In fact, the
more I allow Him to do in me, the closer we get.  I'll have some additional
thoughts to this later which connect with the statement, You are the perfect
will of God.  Right now Sandy says lunch is ready and I don't want to get
any skinnier by missing a meal.

Phil.