ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
April Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 06:18:45 -0400
Blank
----- Original Message -----
From: tuntalkr
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 12:16 AM
Subject: [CFL] SOUNDS GOOD TOO ME!!!

      Love This Comeback
       One of my sons serves in the military. He is still stateside, here
 in California. He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and
 welcoming people were to him, and his troops, everywhere he goes telling
 me how people shake their hands, and thank them for being  willing to
 serve, and fight, for not only our own freedoms but so that others may
 have them also.
       But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he
 stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that ahead
 of several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha.
       He said when she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the
 U.S. flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock.  The cashier reached
 up and touched the pin, and said proudly," Yes, I always wear it and
 probably always will."
       The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going
 to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi. A
 gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around
 my son's shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle
 voice to the Iraqi woman:
       "Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man
 have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and
 accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief
 that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to
 be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so
 loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to
 Iraq so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country that you are
 obviously here in MY country to avoid."
       Everyone within hearing distance cheered!
       IF YOU AGREE      Pass this on to all your proud American friends.

I just did.

“A true way to be deceived is to think oneself more clever than the
others.” —Francois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld

Skype Name:  april_r
MSN: No e-mail please:  [log in to unmask]
AIM: No e-mail please:  [log in to unmask]
Yahoo Messenger No e-mail please:  [log in to unmask]
"God is still on the throne!"
April and Miss Flurrie