ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2006 21:23:49 +0100
Amy and all,

Well, we had a little rain on Wednesday and on Thursday it was just about
bearable to leave Fabian home for a few hours, with a friend coming in for
about half an hour to open up for him.  We went shopping and I got some
wonderful retail therapy.  Mike had been wanting me to have a necklace as an
anniversary present for a few years and I hadn't got round to getting one
with him, though I did want a new one.  It's a long, fairly heavy gold chain
with sort of rough feeling round stones.  We also had a meal out in town and
I bought a couple more items for this sort of weather!

On Friday we got out again for a few hours and had a big, big carvery.  Oh,
I could hardly move!

Today I went with a friend to help her to choose a laptop and we came home
after a successful shop.  Some other friends also came here to help us with
some outside cleaning up and sort of had breakfast here, so it has been good
for the past few days.  Thanks so much, everyone, for your prayers.

Oh, we have also had a chess battle going on for a few days and I have just
succeeded in winning the game.  We don't play often and our last few games
have ended up as draws.

Tomorrow we want to go to church.  We are still not sure if Fabian is really
well enough to go, though he asks us to take him along, but we probably will
as it's one of the few places he really still loves to go and we'd both like
to go together.

Sadly, Mike will be back at work on Monday and it will be "back to the
grind" for all!

Thanks for your prayers.

--
Carol