ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 20:22:32 -0400
Sweet Carol,

Thank you for the comforting words, and for your sharing with me
about your friend's experience.  It is so wonderful to know that what
we see on the outward is not necessarily what is going on in the inward.

It has been such a blessing to me to be able to share my heartache
today with my E-church family.  I am on several other lists, and
write privately to more than a dozen friends and family, but have not
shared with anyone else what I shared with you today.  The Peace that
passes understanding has engulfed my soul tonight, and I rest in the
One who has given that Peace to me.

Loving you because of Him,
Helen

Earlier you wrote:
>Dearest Helen,
>
>Thank you for sharing this with Phil and with the rest of us.  Even
>as you have shared, I feel privileged to be a little part and mine
>is to pray God's strengthening and help for you at this difficult time.
>
>OK, here's a little testimony for you which may encourage your
>heart. Fairly recently a friend of ours suffered a bad epileptic fit
>as a result, they think, of low sodium levels during that very hot
>weather.  (I don't think you were back on the list when I shared
>this.)  Anyway, there was quite a period of unconsciousness when, it
>is reported, she cried out to the Lord for help.  She was unable to
>recognise anyone, even her husband, when she first came round and
>was very confused;  yet in her unconsciousness she could cry to
>God!  So, even if you don't hear those words because your sister is
>unable to form them with her lips, be sure that she can cry out to
>Him in her heart - for indeed, the Spirit Himself will be making
>intercession for her!
>
>Love to you.  Thank you again for letting us bear this burden with you!
>
>Your sister in Christ:
>
>--
>Carol - Reading, UK

"Freedom in Christ is not just absence of bondage, but the presence of
Life."