ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:30:37 -0600
Hi guys!

I read about a very interesting miracle, from a book called Their Mysterious
Ways, which was compiled by Phyllis Hobe.  It's a collection of stories
about how God used animals to help people.  Those of you who are patrons of
the Martha Arney Library can read this book from there.

Like Phil often says, if I told you this story, you wouldn't believe it.
(grin)  Oh don't worry; I won't leave you in suspense this time.  Here goes:

I did not hear the author's name very clearly, but it sounded like
"Cathleen", so that's the name I'll use.

Cathleen grew up on a dairy farm, where she had to help milk the cows twice
a day.  The cows needed to be milked, even when they were sick, but the milk
of these cows would be poured out.  One time, when Cathleen was about 16,
she had to do the milking alone.  There were 5 infected cows at the time.
All the cows had numbered tags attached to their ear in order to keep track
of them.  Her dad had given her a list of the 5 cows that needed to be
separated from the rest of the herd for milking.  this would be a difficult
task for just one person, as cows are not like horses that can easily be
lead where they need to go.  she wished that her siblings were there to
help.  The idea came to her that god cares about every aspect of our lives,
so maybe she could ask for His help.  With the list of numbers in one hand
and the other hand raised, she called out, "In the name of the Lord Jesus
Christ, will the following cows please step forward: numbers 2, 11, 17, 32,
and 49!"  As soon as she finished speaking, she heard a rustling sound
toward the back of the herd, and 5 cows came forward!  Some of the other
cows even stepped aside to let them pass!  she read the numbers.  Sure
enough, they were numbers 2, 11, 17, 32, and 49!  All the cows continued to
cooperate while the separation took place.  God was indeed looking out for
her, and, as she learned, He has a sense of humor too.  perhaps He winked.

Sharon