From:
Larry Scroggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 08:02:59 -0600
Thanks for the suggestions. You put me on the right track to solving the
problem.

I used "TweakUI>My Computer>Drives" to find out that the "K" drive was
unchecked. Checking it caused the USB HD to reappear in "My Computer". The
problem is solved but I am curious as to why the OS skipped over the F, G,
H, I, J drive designations to name the USB HD as the K drive. Well, just one
of those WIN XP quirks I guess.

Thanks again for your help. I have subscribed to the list for many years and
your collective knowledge is what gave me the confidence to build my own
system.

Larry
El Paso, Texas, USA

Date:    Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:43:30 -0400
From:    Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: External USB HD not being recognized

Have you tried to read the usb HD on another computer?  If so, what were
the results?
Paul Hachmeyer