From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:17:35 -0700
Hi Jeffrey,

I have the Dell 24" monitor (had it since X-mas). I really like it. The
screen is bright and the text is crisp and easy to read (native resolution
is 1920 X 1200). It has several different inputs, DVI, VGA, etc. It also
has a built-in USB flash card reader.

The only thing I don't like as much is the mounting pedestal, seems a
little flimsy for such a big monitor, but I don't move it much, so no big deal.

If I get a monitor for another system, I would get the same thing.

Russ Poffenberger

At 01:24 PM 3/20/2007, you wrote:
>I'm thinking of ordering a 20" OR 22" Dell Wide Screen
>Flat Panel LCD Monitor with my next computer purchase
>and am looking for some user feedback, both pro and
>con. Reviews at the Dell website are generally very
>good for the 20" screen and good plus for the 22"
>screen.
>
>For the past year I've been using a Dell 19" analog
>flat panel running at its native resolution of
>1280x1024 pixels under Windows XP and have been
>generally satisfied with its performance as well as
>the size and readability of both text and icons.
>Windows ClearType technology is disabled because I
>don't like its appearance. That said, this is my first
>LCD monitor and I'm sure there are much better models
>out there.
>
>One very important thing for me in selecting a new
>monitor is that the text and icons must be readable
>without excessive eye strain when running at the
>screen's native resolution. (If you're in your forties
>or older, you likely know what I'm talking about).
>
>As before, your comments, advice and recommendations
>are solicited and appreciated.
>
>Jeffrey Ottie
>in Western Pennsylvania
>
>eom