Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:30:31 -0700
7bit
From:
James Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Paul Hachmeyer wrote:
> If you go to control panel\users you will be able to alter
> permissions.  Easiest solution is to just give her administrator
> rights.  When you install a program, you might have gotten a screen
> asking if you want all computer users to be able to access this
> program/software.  You might have just clicked 'no' to that just as we
> click 'yes' to all the software agreements when we install something.
> Paul Hachmeyer
>
> Bob Lendrim wrote:
>
>> I bought a refurbed IBM Thinkpad T40, Win XP Pro SP2, for my wife. It
>> is set up with two users, Bob (administrator), and Marlene (wife). I
>> installed Eudora 5.1 for her email client. When I did that, I was
>> logged in as Bob (the not too good administrator). Now when I log in
>> as Marlene, Eudora will not start. An error message starts to appear,
>> but is instantly covered up by an offer to send MS a report about the
>> problem. I am assuming that "Marlene" can't start Eudora because she
>> hasn't been given the right to do so by the administrator (me). I've
>> been unable to figure out how to give her rights to programs. Can
>> someone steer me to the right place for help. Thank you, Bob

When you install Eudora, it installs some files in the user's
home/Eudora. If you don't want to permanently give users (your wife in
this case) Administrator rights (a good idea to prevent the installation
of Trojans and viruses ), the easiest way would to temporally give "her"
Administrator rights, install Eudora again, then set the account back to
"limited".
--
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>