ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 15:11:07 -0600
Hi all!

Just thought I'd tell you briefly about a couple of scams I read about in
messages, in case you didn't hear about them.  I looked them up on
snopes.com, and they say they're real.

There's the scam in which you find out that you failed to report for jury
duty and there is a warrant for your arrest.  Probably most of us know
better than to give out personal info when we receive a call.

Another utilizes some foreign area codes to ring up charges on your phone
bill.  I read on the urban legend site that, although this is a real fraud,
it happens rarely, and the victims lose only a small amount of money.  I
think that if I get a message with an unfamiliar area code and number, I'll
just not return the call.

Talk with ya later!

sharon