THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:15:05 EDT
From:   [log in to unmask]

I have just found out I have hyperinsulinemia because I insisted the endo do
a glucose tolerance test.

I'm not sure the cause of "hyperinsuinemia" but I know a couple of things.
One, the Atkins diet is good for hypos, and its primary reason for working
according to Atkins is that it controls insulin levels.  In your situation, I
would read all his books, not just the one about the diet but he was interested in
total nutrition, and did not advocate eating only meat.

I also suspect cortisol has something to do with insulin levels, so I would
have my cortisol checked.  At least start with a lab for AM cortisol and see
where it is versus the normal range.

My thyroid doc says the testosterone should be around at least 500 to feel
good.  One time, in between labs, I took 50 mg of DHEA consistently and it's the
only time my testosterone level has been good.  (But, DHEA also turns into
estradiol, a female hormone, and that was very slightly high for a male.)
Anyway, for some reason I don't like the idea of DHEA as well as I like the idea of
using a natural cream progesterone.  I won't know until the next labs how
much my testosterone levels are, but it makes me feel a lot better.  It is
supposed to activate thyroid hormone, build bone (Dr. John Lee used it successfully
for osteorporosis on patients), in the right amount, in the right amount it is
supposed to turn into testosterone for men.  For men, Dr. Lee also said that
after vasectomy, the testes shut down production of testosterone and
progesterone and the progesterone cram  will activate that production again.   For an
interesting article for males check out <A HREF="http://www.totalityofbeing.com/id95_the_care_and_feeding_of_a_penis.htm">
http://www.totalityofbeing.com/id95_the_care_and_feeding_of_a_penis.htm</A>

Skipper

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!