THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Caron Mosey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:02:05 -0500
From: "Joan McPhee" <[log in to unmask]>>
> Caron, could you please provide the ranges that the lab uses?

My TSH was 5.16 on 3/28/02.  The range is 0.35 - 5.50
Free T4 was 1.15, the range is 0.89 - 1.8
Total T3 was 224, range is 60 - 181.
I had asked them to do a Free T3, but they did a Total T3.  I don't know the
difference between the two.

Also, I've done nothing but lay around all this week.  Fun spring vacation
for an educator, huh?  I think my problem includes a depleted Potassium
level as well.  My Potassium on March 28th was 3.7 in a range of 3.3 - 5.1.
I'm really weak, and keep getting muscle spasms and twitching.  I don't know
if that is from the slight increase from 60mg Armour to 67 1.2 mg Armour
about 10 days ago  or to the Potassium.  I asked them to retest the
Potassium yesterday, which they drew at about 2:00 P.M., but they said they
might not have the results back until Monday.  UGH!

>You are entitled to a copy of your results.

Is there a law about this???   My doc refuses to give me copies of my labs.

Thoughts?
HELP, somebody!
Caron

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!