Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:49:20 -0400
Hello,
I upgraded this pc I have with an MSI motherboard ms7082-020 with a pentium 4 cpu
and 512mb ram.
It was working fine for a few days untill one day it stopped working.
At first I thought it was the power supply but when I pluged it into the original motherboard it worked fine.
After trying different things I narrowed it down to the motherboard.
I have the motherboard out of the chassis with only the power supply ,cpu and ram pluged in so the power switch is not connected.
The problem is the power supply fan and cpu fan turn on as soon as I plug in the power cord or just use the switch on the back of the power supply then afer about 2 seconds it turns off During this time I hear one beep and then it turns off,
If I unplug the the 4 pin atx connector from the motherboard the it still turns on  the power supply and cpu fans as soon as I plug it in but this time it stays on
and there is no beep.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this ?
Greg