From:
"Larry Adler (Cebridge)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:47:13 -0500
As I am still mystified on my wireless network problems, I decided to start
completely over (except for unhooking my router and cable modem) and
reinstall Windows XP Pro. Regrettably, it appears nothing has changed.

Question: I have been able to browse the Internet swimmingly with my Linksys
router. But on a whim after seeing the reinstallation basically did nothing,
I decided to unhook the router and plug the cable directly into the modem,
just like the old days. However, I could not get anything to come up on the
Net, even after powering down the modem two or three times. Could this
reveal something screwy about my network problems? Apparently the computer
can't read the actual IP address coming from my service provider; perhaps
all it can "see" is the router address, 192.168.1.1. Does this even make
sense?