C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:05:12 -1000
At 01:54 PM 7/26/2006, you wrote:
>Frankly, I don't care *how* we all get to the same page as long as we
>*do* get there.  I deal with too many people whose lives have been
>totally upended by late on-set disabilities not to have sympathy for
>them.  And I'm just glad that Case's dad "saw the light" even though it
>might have been a bit late for Case.

You couldn't be more right. What a great advocate you are.
Jason's been a good advocate for Case, who has had good interventions
physical, occupational, eye, gymnastics and other help to manage his
body which just doesn't seem to cooperate the way we wish it should.
BUT then, the reality hit Jason when he broke his femur. Experience
counts. That's a primary reason I joined this list to learn from the
experienced.
We are all learning, no one is perfect, and especially not my family.
We think very similarly about all that political stuff. I could have
written what you wrote myself. We have given Israel carte blanche to
go in and slaughter people. That's how  Bush is taking the war to a
new level. My son also was planning enough in advance to have saved
Case's brothers stem cells and the whole family was very hopeful for
stem cell research. I despise Bush for vetoing that incredible
science while endorsing bombs that will continue to destroy for
decades. What a shortsighted idiot for a president. Just my opinion.
My dad was also Air Force,  a great guy who worked for the defense
industry, after becoming an Ace fighter pilot in Korea. Luckily he
lived afterwards and we fought about Republicanism, peace in Vietnam,
freedom, and democratic principles often.
I don't remember the tax comment...obviously off base. I think no
matter where we stand, for or against Bush, what he has instigated
has us all on edge and stressed out. I had to stop watching CNN after day 11.