From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:23:11 -0500
On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:34:23 -0500, Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:11, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
>> Keith > Jim, What were the exercises? What weights did you lift? How
>> many reps?
>>
>> We're getting completely off topic,

In a roundabout way, it is on topic (or at least seems like it would be).
The amount of exertion bears directly on how much energy is required to
sustain the activity.  The concept being investigated is how well the
paleo diet supplies that energy in this context, which seems relevant to
the list.

> We eat in order to live and we live in order to be active;the two can't
> be separated (except in modern civilization with
>  its technologies and fine-grain division of labour

They can't be separated if we expect robust health, even in modern
civilization. ;-)

> If Dave or Don or other subscribers prefer we can cut it short here, but
> I hope they give us the opportunity to round out the picture in your
> reply.

I can't speak for them, obviously, but personally, I'm enjoying the
discussion.

--
   Robert Kesterson