BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: "The listserv troubled by a bad conscience and a good memory."" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:11:29 -0700
So where does onyx come from?  I never thought about it until Chris'
question.  I have never seen it except in jewelery probably because  a
building made of it would be frowned on as too, too much in good ole
Brattleboro.   Ruth

At 6:23 PM -0400 7/27/06, [log in to unmask] wrote:
Does/did (1912) onyx come in whole panels, say 3' x 4'?

There's a lobby I'm describing, at 160 West 81st ("Is a city block allowed
to be ... hilarious?    Be prepared to laugh when you take the roller
coaster ride of West 81st Street, from Amsterdam to Columbus, which zooms
uphill and then down like a thrill ride at Coney Island.")   and I was
wondering if it might be marble which only looked like onyx.  Or am I
thinking that onyx is/was more expensive than it is?

Christopher
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT