ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:56:46 +0100
Hi all,

I just want to write a little on a subject which causes me some concern.

Starting with the out and out "chain letters", for some years now
(particularly with so much email) we've been encouraged to forward this and
that and send back to the loved one who sent!

Time and again I look at these and my heart sinks!  I love so many of those
who send them.  Some messages are really good;  others I'm less convinced
about.  Nevertheless, I love those who send!  However, my time and energies
are limited, my thinking is stressed to the limit to do such tasks on many
occasions, and are some of these just "superstitious chains"?

Maybe you can't answer the questions or convince me, because I simply don't
want to clutter my mind with the rights and wrongs of each individual one.
I'm certainly not wanting to start a debate so please, please don't.  I just
simply want to say they're not really the things to which I want to reply
but I am often encouraged and blessed by them, but they're causing great
confusion in my mind!

I love you all:

--
Carol - Reading, UK

To you, o Lord, I lift up my soul;
In You I trust, o my God.  . . .."  PS25:1-2 NIV.