ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 00:07:51 +0100
Hi all,

It's been a hot and sticky weekend, with lots of activity and a number of
problems - and now I'm really tired!

We need God to answer and make some provision for us pretty quickly.  I'll
spare the details, except to say that, after some difficulties with the
person from church who has been reading our mail and helping us to keep our
dog bin and run sorted (on a weekly basis, we do the rest), he's not wanting
to do it any more and we have no replacement.  The right help of this kind
is difficult to get and church has not been interested in meeting other
needs, such as help with cleaning etc.  We also were forced to let our
gardener go a couple of weeks ago as he was taking real advantage and we'd
worked with him on this for a long time.  Again, we don't know anyone
interested.  These things really tend to raise the anxiety level, especially
as some just must be done and we can't!

Please pray also as the person who has stopped coming went to our elders and
moaned and groaned etc. and they're talking about a meeting with us.  We
felt his behaviour (in not coming to us directly to discuss difficulties)
was unscriptural and Mike told him this today.  We are not intending to
involve others but he obviously feels it's a good thing to have some of his
very long-standing friends on his side and listening to what he has to say.
This has very much hurt us.  Now he tells us he will continue to think of
and pray for us . . ..  I am pretty mad as I don't see this as the church
helping us in our real needs right now.  Also, the elder to whom he spoke,
contacted Mike at work so that he could keep it quietly from me.  Mike was
taken by total surprise and was trying to take other calls and then suddenly
realised that he didn't want to keep this from me, as he never keeps
anything, so was very upset late last night.  He had felt he had to keep it
back until after we had had a special meal out on Friday and a meeting on
Saturday with very long-standing friends who I'd not seen for 35 years as he
didn't want to spoil these occasions.  He's not good at having to try to do
this though and I know he was put in a very difficult situation.

I am sure some will understand how the church's decisions not to get
involved in real practical needs can be such a problem to us!

Our dog, Fabian, continues to be quite poorly but is still enjoying some
quality of life, though is very hot in this weather with his big, black
coat.  Please pray that the Lord will be good to us all and enable us to
cope for as long as we need and then to make it very clear to us if we
should not continue to care for him.

Thanks for listening and for your prayers, all of you.

God bless:  I must try to get some sleep.

--
Carol - Reading, UK

To you, o Lord, I lift up my soul;
In You I trust, o my God.  . . .."  PS25:1-2 NIV.