From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:02:12 -0600
hey Gery:
good luck on the test.

about echolink, there isn't much to say about using it as a blind person,
except that you want to make sure that it is showing in the explorer view so
you can arrow through the stations in the different categories.
the rest of it is pretty accessible...you can use the jaws cursor to read
your connection status at the bottom of the screen...and if you right click
on the "send" button at the bottom, the chat window will open up for you as
will...this will have one "read only" field wich is the incoming messages,
and the other field is for typing your messages.  They will not be
automatically spoken, unless someone has come up with some scripts recently
that i don't know about.
other then that, have a blast, there are some great stations and repeaters
and nodes on echo link.
One you  may wish to test out once you get up and running with your call
sign, is the wb6lzv-l node...this is an HF receiver which can be controlled
via the chat window...meaning you can change frequency, mode and so on on
the receiver using the echolink chat window.
also, you may need to provide a scanned image of your license...that is one
of the ways they keep only amateur operators on echolink.

good luck again on the test.
let us know when you pass it and your hopeful call sign.
73
Colin, V A6BKX