From:
"LaMont K. Bankes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 01:25:46 -0700
>        As a proud owner of a FIC-2012, I figured I might be able to
>answer some of your questions.  From what I recall, it uses a standard
>power supply, The problem is, if you have an AT case, the backplane
>maybe incorrect.  The PA-2012 uses the standard setup for an ATX (the
>mouse connector is on top of the keyboard connector (instead of side by
>side) and the parrallel port is on top of the two serial ports.  My
>conversion overall went great.  I upgraded from a 486DX4-100 to an Intel
>200MMX.  I used the 1.2 gig HD and the 4xCD from my old computer (I'm
>upgrading in stages).  I am using a PCI video card with no problems.
>The only problem I have had is I cannot get both PS/2 connectors to work
>in Win95 normal mode.  Don't know if this is specific to my motherboard
>or the class (the tech at TCComputers seemed surprised, got disconnected
>before I got a solution from him).

Hi Donald,

I did check the FIC web site and it didn't mention the PSU connector so
thanks for the info.  So I am assuming that you had to purchase an ATX
specific case?  If so, is there a big price difference between the AT and
the ATX cases?Are you planning on upgrading to an AGP video card?  What do
you think of the performance of the board so far?  I chose the AMD CPU, any
specific reason you went with the Intel?  BTW, with the 1.2gb hd is your
space getting a little crowded? :-)  Let me know how the PS/2 challenge
turns out.

TTYL,
LaMont

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]