From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:24:31 -0700
over crowded?
Not likely, since there are so few operators already, a few more operating
on voice certainly won't strain the spectrum.
And no, i don't really think there will be a huge increase in operators
since there was no grand fathering plan as there was in Canada, and the
general and extra class licenses are still fairly involved to obtain.
Some think there will be some invisible magic switch that will be thrown and
the HF bands will suddenly become 11 meters, but this is so far from reality
that its hardly worth discussing.
If it is anything like what happened here, it took about a year or 18 months
before people really started to invest in HF radios, and put up antennas,
and figure out how to operate HF.
I would say probably about 50 percent of the people who weren't on HF
before, are now on HF.
And 99 percent of those are experienced hams who could never get past the cw
requirement before.
73
Colin, CF6BKX