From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:18:08 -0500
Well, the radios are 3 feet away, the furthest one from the thermometer
anyway, since it's hanging on the wall next to the window next to my radio
desk.  A couple radios are 1.5 feet or less. The antennas, the G5RV is
probably about 40 or 50 feet away at most. Vertical I use for 10 meters is
probably direct shot, 30 feet away, duel band 2 meter 440 antenna is
probably direct shot, about 30 feet away with the coax running as close as 2
inches from the probe for measuring outside temperature, and my GMRS antenna
is probably 10 to 15 feet away. All coaxes run along the floor under the
unit inside hanging on the wall though, probably about 4 feet down below it.
I also have a 2 meter antenna in the attic I use for packet that's no more
than 10 feet away. I do have the extra wire from the outside unit to the
inside coiled up, if I used it all, I don't know if I'd have a problem or
not but I don't need 12 feet or wire, or what ever it is, I only needed like
3 feet to run it neatly.