From:
don bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:55:17 -0700
Well, learn something new every day.

I've been trying to figure out how I can update my new address with the FCC for quite a while.  Just discovered you can do this quite easily on qrz.com and
a few bux is definitely worth avoiding the pain of the fcc site.

At least if I get pink slips they will come to the right address.  <grin>  Actually I've never gotten one, just a card once many years from an O O who seemed
to think I was putting out a signal on 10 Mhz long before 30 meters was heard of as a ham band.  Never heard anything more about it though.  Guess the
band went out or I finally got my viking ranger tuned properly.  <smile>

Don  W6SMB

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:32:18 -0400, Buddy Brannan wrote:

On Aug 10, 2006, at 6:29 PM, Phil Scovell wrote:

> When you use the lookup service, it lists your class of license and
> then has
> some letters right after it that I have never figured out.  Anybody
> know
> what that code stands for?  I've noticed it is different for the
> type of
> license you have.

There's a link on the page that explains those. Basically, "HA" is
thee code for the Amateur service. Can't remember what the I means.
"HV" means it's a vanity call.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV : Executive In Training! Watkins Manager #361534
Shop our catalog of timeless Watkins products at www.tastyshop.net
And see how becoming a Watkins associate will improve your family's
quality of life at www.tastybiz.com

http://www.eset.com