From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:30:39 -0400
Hi.

First of all, this radio does have extended receive and you do not have to
do anything to enable it.

Second, when I went to buy mine about a week and a half ago, I was told by
The Ham Station that they were sold out of them and wouldn't be getting any
more.  So, I went to R&L Electronics, and the person who waited on me
initially said he didn't think they had any left but went back and looked
and found that he did.  I've heard several people on the list claim that
they are not being discontinued, but draw your own conclusion from my
experiences.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 01:13 PM 6/16/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm seriously considering getting the Kenwood tmg707a and am wondering if
>it will do extended receive outside the 2m and 440 bands?
>
>If so, is there some function you need to activate it in the radio.  Not
>really interested in getting under the hood and making any hardware mods.
>
>Also, are they really about to be discontinued?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Don  W6SMB

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK