From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:48:36 -0400
Hi John.

If I were to take the radio upstairs and put it on the desktop computer,
could I access the menus through the programming software and reset the
menu for the dimmer button so that it would operate the speech?

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 06:29 PM 6/11/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>have you got the manual from www.icanworkthisthing.com yet? if so, you'll
>find there is a way in the menu to get the dimmer button to make the radio
>talk and all, it's just a case of counting the clicks in the menu and
>remember some menu options are not active, like in VFO, naturally the memory
>channel lock out isn't, but you can figure those out and you should get it
>going that way. I think they use the 25 pin connector because they deal in a
>lot of commercial equipment and that's all 25 pin and dos software still.
>Luckily the ham radio software is windows. My ham radio desk computer is
>windows 98 and still going though I had 1 scare not long ago.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]