ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:51:14 -0500
Umm. You take requests on the fly for songs? Is that right? No wonder you
were a bit apprehensive. Breaking away from those routine services is
really freeing and real isn't it.

Brad

on 11:47 AM 4/30/2006, Kathy Du Bois said:

Phil,
We actually had what we call a Spirit led worship service today.  This is
a service where we let the people pick a lot of the music and then they
also  share what the Lord has been doing in their lives.  It can get
pretty wild, but today was beautiful.  Then, someone requested the song,
"Here Am I Lord."  I don't know if you are familiar with it, but the words
to the chorus are:

Here am I, Lord.
Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord
if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart."

I lost it.  I just stood there playing the guitar and crying because all I
had done was be willing and I knew that He was getting the glory.  You're
right.  It's awesome to be used by God.
Kathy

At 12:40 PM 4/30/2006, you wrote:
Nothing like being used by God for His honor and glory.  I wish I had the
talent to lead worship.

Phil.