ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:38:20 -0600
Jen,

Unless prophetic, most dreams have no meaning, or very little, and are just
what they are and nothing more.  Sometimes, however, they can be pointers to
unresolved painful things in our lives such as fear, guilt and the like.  As
you told it, I saw some discrepancies, or that's what they appeared to be,
and one, for example, was the fear itself.  There is no fear in Heaven.
Satan isn't there any more either.  Looking for your husband seems most
likely the cause for your anxiety, that is, as if he might be separated from
you.  Not uncommon to have such a dream after being newly married.  If the
dream would have been prophetic and have spiritual meaning, it would not
have been disjointed but flowed easily.  When someone I am praying with
tells me about such a dream, I just look for the obvious.  If fear and
guilt, for example, are there, we just begin praying about those things to
see where they might lead us.  If there is anxiety, such as you experienced
not being able to find your husband, I would pray with the person concerning
this element of concern in their life and see if it had an origin.  I
wouldn't be overly concerned about this dream.  Yes, there were some good
things in it.  Keep those things and filter the rest out.  Call me if you
need help.

Phil.