From:
Milt deReyna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 18:01:22 -0500
OEM generally means that you get just the dvd drive, without manual or
hookup cables.  This is not a problem, as the drive is recognized by Windows
as soon as you hook it up, and it's ready to go.  As always, wear a
static-discharge strap and have the power off before you install the drive.
You will need to order an EIDE cable to install the drive, if you don't have
one, it's a good chance to upgrade to the round cable, instead of the flat
ribbon cable, which is supposed to improve air flow inside the case, for
cooling.  Here's an example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812183032