From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:20:08 -0400
Hi.

I received an e-mail ad from R&L Electronics the other day about the Barker
& Williamson BWD90 antenna which they claim operates between 1.8 and 54 MHz
with less than a 2:1 VSWR below 30 MHz and less than a 3:1 VSWR on 6 meters.

It doesn't sound like I would want to use it on 6 meters, but my question
is, has anyone on this list used that antenna, and did you have reasonably
good results?  Do you have any idea how it would compare to a G5RV on 80,
40, or 20 meters?

It looks like it would fit in my yard and might get me on 160 meters,
although I imagine it is quite a compromise on 160 meters.  Still, right
now the 102 ft. G5RV is the biggest antenna I can get in my yard so a full
sized 160 meter antenna is out of the question.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]