From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:35:53 -0600
no, it would work exactly the same, you would just have to make sure that
the wire you wanted got to the right pin of the jack on one end...easy
enough to accomplish with an audible continuity meter.
It would require some knoledge of the pin configuration on the device you
were making the cable for, but as long as you have that its easy enough.

Just a note for the guy who wants to make the cable, it might take a few
shots, so make sure you buy a box of rj45 jacks so you can keep trying till
you get it...even with the special tool, its pretty tricky to line up all
the wires perfectly and make sure they all get crimped in properly.
A sited ham friend of mine, who is quite technically inclined, had quite a
bit of difficulty the first couple shots until he got the nack.
73
Colin, V A6BKX