From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2006 02:28:56 -0700
well, a cross band repeater is just that, a cross band repeater.
You don't need to set up a split channel on the HT to use one, since the
repeater is transmitting on one frequency, and listening on the same
frequency.  You only have to listen and transmit on one frequency from the
handheld or mobile going through the cross band repeater.
Lock band repeaters will only transmit from one band to the other, not
listen, which means you would have to set up split on the HT to transmit or
listen on the freq  you want.
with the ts2000, and other cross banders, you set up the radio with a vhf,
and a UHF freq, or an HF/vhf, or HF/UHF freq similtaniously, then turn on
the cross band repeat function, and set your HT to the UHF or VHF freq you
selected on the 2000, then when you transmit on the HT it will be received
on the 2000, and retransmitted on the other frequency you previously set up,
then when the radio receives something on that other frequency, it will
transmit it back to the  original frequency on the HT.
For instance, I cross band from 446.050 to 146.52 on the ts2000.  I then set
my ICt90 to 446.050 simplex and I can transmit from the HT, which will be
received by the 2000, retransmitted on 146.52.  Then, when someone talks on
146.52, the 2000 will retransmit that signal onto 446.050.  So, no split is
required on the HT itself, just on the cross band radio.
73
Colin, V A6BKX