From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:25:36 -0500
Hi.

Unfortunately, I believe that human nature has a bent towards laziness if
not pushed by some motivating force.  To tell you the truth, I probably
wouldn't have learned CW if I hadn't needed to in order to procure an
Amateur Radio license.  Ironically, it is my primary mode of HF operation
now, although I also do considerable SSB operation.

Now looking back, I would have lost out on many rich experiences if I had
been allowed to skip by CW without ever trying it.  I think that many times
people don't do what they don't have to, and in so doing lose out on much
that life has to offer.  I do wish that America as a nation still valued
excellence highly enough to not tolearate "dumbing down" but it has long
been apparent to me that the U.S. government doesn't care if we become a
third rate civilization, and unfortunately it is reflected in a growing
part of our population that is good for little else than warming the spot
in front of the boob tube.  I'm sorry, it is the high definition boob flat
panel now!

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 10:14 AM 12/16/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>     The idea that C W will still go on after dropping it in the test I doubt
>will happen.  When first learning C W it is not fun  but after while it
>becomes very enjoyable so if you don't have to learn it very few folks will.
>It amounts to the dumbing down of The U. S.  Look how easy it is to graduate
>from High school.  Ed K7UC

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]