From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 22:38:17 -0700
Louis,

That's some good thoughts.  They are pretty sure, now that all their radioes
have been cranked down to 2.5 watts, that they won't have any more problems
but they are still, for now, using the 450 remote set up to keep the
building management happy.  I'm sure the cable company can boost their
signal and also put in some filtering at the TV ends to stop the QRM but it
may be more trouble than it is worth unless they legally push the issue.
One of the ladies just got her license recently, too, so it is kind of
disappointing for her.  When I had a 2 KW amp and a 2 element 40 meter beam
at 70 feet, A neighbor called me one day from two houses away.  He was a
drunk and didn't work.  I had operated, running 1 kw, for years without one
TVI complaint.  He called one day and said I was getting into his TV when he
was trying to watch his favorite program.  At the time the program was on, I
was never on the air so I couldn't figure it out.  As it turned out, it was
on  every morning at 10 in the morning and I was always at work by then.
His favorite program?  A cartoon show.  Did I stop operating?  Nope.  I just
told him to report me to the FCC.  He didn't want to do that, so I kept, on
hand, a couple of copies of how to fix your TVI problems that the FCC sent
out for free.  I gave him one of those.

Phil.
K0NX

Phil.