From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:39:35 -0700
interestingly enough, quite a few folks up here have that.
A 120 foot tower is only around $5000 used and the antennas cost a few
hundred bucks to build, and the coax, another few hundred bucks....lots of
people don't blink an eye at spending $10,000 on other things like
motorcycles, renovations to the house what ever....if you have the property,
which many people do up here, then its really not expensive and not very
difficult to have that sort of set up.
In places like finland, sweeden and other northern european countries, lots
of folks have large antenna systems because they have summer places with
property that they can put stuf like that up.
73
Colin, V A6BKX