From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2006 21:36:59 -0500
Is programming PL tones accessible? that's always been a very week point in yaesu radios. I know a friend has an FT-8100, a sighted friend who I still strongly advised not to get it but no one listens to me anyway, and that radio doesn't do that, no way could I program the PL tones while helping him out with programming it. the rest was like you describe though I did mess up programming the memories due to the randomness of it in programming memories once in a while, but the big thing was the pl tones. 1 reason I'd never get one to play around with it a little while like I usually do when I find a radio I'm curious about though is the company's horrible attitude toward blind hams.