From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:38:21 -0400
Hi;
I suspect this antenna is history.  I am more than a little perplexed as to
why it came down.  I can see freezing heavy snow building up on a horizontal
antenna and weighing things down.  A vertical I would think would be another
matter.  We didn't have lots of wind just lots of heavy wet snow.  At any
rate it bent over and is now lying on the roof.  Since this is a two story
house getting it up wasn't easy and I will be lucky if I can find someone
interested in getting it down.  The very top section also came off and
landed in the yard.  I had hoped it bent at the mast but no such luck.  This
antenna worked quite adequately but I have been through two of them now and
at $400.00 each I may have to reconsider things.  Told the xyl that it was
time to look for a nice smaller home with better antenna potential but I
don't think I sold that one.  At least the basement stayed dry which was a
real plus.
Rich