From:
Noel Romey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2006 19:22:41 -0500
Hey guys,

I'm currently using a kenwood ts-2000 in the shack here at the university of
Arkansas.  We have an Ameritron amplifier that puts out probably 700 watts
at max power.  It is not a solid state amp.

Here's the question.  I know there are blind hams that use linear amplifiers
out there.  Is there some way or method you use to tune the tubes of an
amplifier?  I can hook up a talking watt/swr meter up to the radio, and
maximize the power output, but how does one dip the plate current without
putting some form of meter inside the amp in line with the meter?  Any
ideas?

Noel