From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:34:12 -0600
I agree.
They can be had on ebay for around $400 to $600 depending on condition and
so on.
that is allot of money for some folks, but its worth the investment since it
will give you access to HF if you so desire to become HF qualified in the
future.
If you have any way of getting involved in the local ham club, you can offen
find hams who have extra rigs around that will loan you, on a fairly
permanent basis a radio power supply and antenna to use until you can get
your own.
However, this will mean actually getting on the air to find these guys which
would require a radio.

73
Colin, V A6BKX