From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:34:28 -0400
Phil,

I'd forgotten about the Puke.  I think there was an 8-lander named
Fred, who also ran high power, but I don't remember his call.  I
think he was eventually kicked off the air.

One interesting phenomenon you might not have known about was the
dual QSOs on 3895, one in upper sideband, the other in lower.  Of
course, everyone was running lots of power, but the two conversations
didn't bother each other and you could switch between them.  It must
have been crazy for people with portables that had BFOs but couldn't
switch sidebands.  It also must have been bad for people on either
side of the frequency, but I don't think those guys cared much.  I
wonder if we'll ever see that kind of activity again.  I just don't
think anyone is that interested any more, regardless of the sun spots.

Steve