From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:34:07 -0500
You bet.  Their was a bunch of John Burchers in the late 60's on 75
meter phone in the mornings, my first introduction to lunatics.
I don't know if anybody knew the crowd I hung out with, w9luq w9hif,
the house of ill fame, and the boys.  We held the "sunday morning
education hour" on 3.950n A.M. phone.
That was almost 100 khz in to SSB teritory.  LUQ used to call the net
to order, with a two minit drum solo.  He figured since their was no
melody, it wasn't music.
He ran 2 half waves in phase, centered off a 150 foot tower.
His home brew ah killowatt, was built inside a little screen house,
the power supplly was insulated by empty coke bottles.
It sounded like a broadcast transmitter.