From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:27:47 -0400
Hi;
Now that I got started, I am using a r8 for 40/6 meters which unfortunately
requires support ropes.  The ropes that came with the antenna don't seem to
be very durable.  When they broke at the roof things were easily fixed.
When they broke at the antenna, however, repairs were more difficult.  A non
ham friend did some repair but unfortunately the "iron clad" rope he used
did indeed have a metal cable in it which didn't help the swr.  I'm thinking
of changing the ropes before the weather gets bad but I don't want problems
in January.  Although the current arrangement hasn't done good things for
the swr a tuner has for the moment solved my problems so I am a bit
undecided if I should just leave well enough alone or are there some other
options out there worth considering.
Richard