From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:00:46 -0600
I have never seen that variation before.
However, at 100 watts, even the slightest drop or peak in volume from your
oscelator will cause anywhere from a 5 to 20 watt alteration
At 10 watts, the alterations will be hardly noticed by the meter.
Do a test and see where the fluctuations start occuring...say do a 10 watt,
20 watt, 30 watt 40 watt excetra to see where they begin.
Is your dummy load exactly 50 ohms? some are near to 50 ohms but not
exactly, so that when more power is inserted, the resistance may drop or
increase thus giving the meter funny readings.
73
Colin, V A6BKX