From:
Gery Gaubert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 22:32:47 -0500
Well yesterday, dad came over and we got the butternut hf v6 up.
Listening is addictive and I have to pull myself away.  I have a lot of
encouragement now.  I was listening on 20 meters earlier today and heard
a guy in Northern Italy.  I found myself wishing that I could talk to
him.  All the more reason to get that general.  I take the tech test
tomorrow and back to the lessons and code on Tuesday.  I also got the 2
meter antenna up and it is probably about 10 feet from my dtv dish.
Wondering if this is to close.  I can't catch anything on that radio but
then again I didn't fool with it as much as the hf rig.  I have heard
that since the hurricane that there isn't much on any of the vhf bands.
I need to get the manual and some eyes to tell me where the buttons are
on the htx212 radio shack radio.  Dad was tired and ran out of time
before he had to drive home last night so he said we would tackle that
one next time he came if I couldn't get any help.