From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 18:58:59 -0700
Hi Fred and All,

I want to tell you of my recent experience with Tokyo Hy-Power.  As you may
remember, I am running their HL-1KFX which is about 600 watts solid state on
all HF bands.  Two weeks ago tonight I was talking on 20 meters and
accidentally hot switched the amplifier range switch while transmitting.  I
had meant to turn the metering switch but grabbed the wrong knob.  At any
rate, things were pretty much shot.

I wrote Nobuki at THP, explained my stupid move and the symptoms of my
problem.  He wrote back that he thought it was the final amplifier module
and that he would send me a new one on Monday, July 24.  I had this new
module in my hand last Thursday and Monday night a friend came over and the
two of us put it in.

I'm back to 600 watts out on all bands.  The only thing Nobuki asked of me
was to return the blown module, no money, no criticism.  I would challenge
anyone to match this kind of service with any American company I know.  I
still clearly remember Ameritron refusing to honor the warranty on my brand
new AL-811H when it blew because of lousy quality tubes.  As soon as the
fact that I am blind came up in conversation, their immediate response was
that I obviously couldn't have been able to operate the amp within
parameters and this is why it blew.  Contrast this crappy attitude with
Nobuki.  I'm a confirmed THP user and as soon as funds permit, I'm going for
their big 1.2 Kw out amp.

Take care all and very 73.
Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX