From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:51:10 -0400
I don't know about the power strip but I know in the cottage I rent on
vacation, I popped a few breakers last year and a GFI breaker mainly due to
a bad outlet when I tried to transmit on my 706 on 40 meters, I guess the
current draw sis something, I plugged it in elsewhere and it worked fine but
then I later was vacuuming when we were leaving thee and it finished that
outlet off, so it might be the power strip, or the outlet. The power supply
should handle it, but if you have a transformer one around, or can borrow
one, it's something to try. That's a strange one. Can you plug it in other
places in there and see what that does?