From:
Keith Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:05:18 +0100
Well, I have been doing some more reading.

The pdf manual of the ic-7800 indicates that it can be connected to a
local area network and assigned an ip address.

So, would this indicate that the radio could be controlled by a web
browser?

Would that not be exciting, just type the ip address in to the
address bar and have an html interface to all the facilities?

All we would then need is to make the web page interface accessible
with alt tags e.t.c.

Then, only a small step to log in to the ic-7800 by vpn from another
location?

Anyone any thoughts on this, aparte from the cost?  Any suggestions
as to further reading?  Manual states it can be done but does not
seem to give much detail.

Keith

- - - -

Keith Barrett