From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:32:25 -0600
how can you starve a 12ax7 with a 13V 2 amp wall wart?
and I would suggest that if you do buy a tube preamp for recording, it be a
decent one, of course cheap price is going to get you cheap sound, same is
true with transistor stuff.
Also, using tube preamps for voice recording doesn't do anything since tube
preamps really only shine when there is more then 3000 hertz of audio
bandwidth to consider...such as with drums and guitar and so on.
SO what you are suggesting is that all the studios who use tube microphones
and tube preamps should stop and get noisy, easily distorted transistorized
preamps and mikes?
Perhaps you aren't saying that, but definitely buying cheap tube stuff will
get cheap results.
73
Colin, V A6BKX