From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:06:16 -0600
no no no!!!! the glow in the dark still has much supperior sound quality no
matter what.
You can not get the same sound quality out of any transistorized equipment.
You might come close, and certainly the smaller size, lack of substantial
heat and feature rich components certainly make the non-tube stuff easier,
cheaper and nicer to be around.
Any musician worth his sault will tell you that tube driven amplifiers still
are far far supperior to transistorized amps.
The same is true with audio equipment such as stereos and preamps and so on.
That said, of course, a 1948 am tube radio probably wont sound as good as
your 15 dollar wallmart special bed side radio, but if you compare a modern
tube amp, against a modern transistor amp, there is a huge difference.
tubes are warmer, have more head room, are cleaner, and can take much more
abuse and knocking about then most transistorized components.
73
Colin, V A6BKX