From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:38:38 -0400
Hi;
Can't resist after a day at work.  Have you gone to any recent ham fests and
taken a look whether there are many decent radios or piles of software and
pc products?  I'm afraid the pc wins hands down based on my unscientific
observations.
As for the program to run your radio, I guess it depends upon the radio and
what run means.  Apparently you can download software from Kenwood but never
tried it or seen any list of key strokes.  Ham radio deluxe has gotten a lot
of interest and a list of keystrokes, some scripts or even a set file or two
might be nice.
I will never be Mr. computer and I'm a bit reluctant to jump into relatively
uncharted waters.
Richard